Sunday, April 18, 2010

Drive thru!

In this edition of In The Neighborhood I travel thru a local restaurant...

There is a gentleman who works the drive thru window at one of my favorite places for breakfast. He is always busy and has a way of making you feel at ease no matter what kind of day your having.

After an incredibly busy day last Friday I slipped through to get lunch for my Jeffy and myself and he was working.

I noticed he was wearing a Superman tie and commented that it was a great tie. He was cordial and replied that he (superman) gets him through many days. I simply replied we all need a hero. He agreed and I went on my way.

Today it was a quick cola to start the day and a simple tie. I remarked that I missed superman. He said that this was his MADD tie print patterned after tequila under the microscope. Such a simple thing but very telling item.

This simple man with a fuzzy beard and shaggy hair has taught me a lesson about life that I think we all could stand to learn; no matter our age we all need a hero!

Simple or fantastic heroes are more than police/fire/millitary, though wonderful and necessary, heroes can simply be the guy who reminds you about bigger things in life. Just like my drive thru neighborhood hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment