Saturday, August 17, 2013

While on vacation

Hot skin tingles as a glint of sun shines through the window onto my arm as we find our way down an unfamiliar pathway.

Another year I wouldn't have given sunshine a thought but since June 2012 the sun and I have found ourselves to be in a different kind of relationship than the one I enjoyed as a carefree child. Instead of spending all day carefree beneath the bountiful rays of vitamin D gleaming from above I find myself sheltered beneath a thin veil of long-sleeved cotton, a scarf and pants to prevent the inevitable.

Ah the inevitable, sun blisters; not the kind one gets from a sunburn, no these come from simple exposure and are small, red, itchy and take days to alleviate.

Awe, poor baby, whine a bit more for us about your condition. Well I could but instead of being one who cries the world does not love me, I take the stand that this era of style and dress has made this the perfect situation for me.

Pretty scarves are everywhere and fashionable for both women and men, thin breathable fabrics in natural materials abound in colors only the coral reefs could produce, and knitting is haute which has enabled me to find materials that weren't available to me five years ago.

So take that sunshine and I'll take my fine laceweight kid merino scarflet and go about my day in comfort and in style



No comments:

Post a Comment